A FACILITY DEVOTED TO CYCLISTS OF ALL LEVELS AND THE EXPLORATION OF THEIR CYCLING POTENTIAL
We are super lucky to have our aerodynamics testing facilities at the state-of-the-art Silverstone Sports Engineering Hub, based at Silverstone Racecourse.
The centre has been built around a state-of-the-art wind-tunnel, a facility designed to offer cycling enthusiasts spanning across all abilities the opportunity to be able to help improve their performance as accurately and effectively as possible.
I have drawn from my many years of experience to develop the ultimate immersive service, both with the wind tunnel and revolutionary products and equipment. Across all areas, you can have confidence that you and your bike are in the hands of experts who truly understand your performance needs.
To book in a wind-tunnel fitting session at the performance centre or to check availability, please click on the link at the bottom of the page.
STREAMLINE YOUR PERFORMANCE
Built for testing bikes, clothing and equipment, the wind tunnel will help you make informed purchasing decisions that will impact on your success and enjoyment on the road or track and triathlon.
• Overview: Saddle Pressure Mapping, Formthotics custom footbeds and Dartfish 3D Motion, live in the tunnel.
• Aerodynamic expertise: Take advantage of my experience in aerodynamics and knowledge from working in leading wind tunnels around the world with cycling athletes, both amateur and professional as well as a number of national cycling teams.
• Run-by-run feedback: Immediate data insight within the run itself, and continuous expert guidance for positional or equipment changes.
• 3D Mapping service: Taken in the tunnel using our state-of-the-art software.
• Saddle and pad pressure mapping: using Wiva technology to assess performance.
• Biomechanics tracking: Using Dartfish video performance and data analysis
• Highly advanced technical capabilities: Enjoy using the most advanced wind tunnel available for cyclists, with within-run yaw-sweep (that’s cross wind to you and me) capabilities (+/-30 degrees) and testing at different wind speeds up to 80 km/h.
We can also cater for most bike types and sizes including downhill mountain bikes.
• Advanced image analysis: Quantification of frontal area and drag coefficient.
• Aerodynamic profile: A comprehensive and accessible data record, cataloguing each run and including video and high-resolution photography.
• Performance modelling: Identify how changes to your aerodynamic profile convert to increased speed on the road, or in power saved.
• Rider Ambition: Competitive; being the best you can be.
• Event Type: Any speed event, e.g. time-trial, triathlon, road-racing, track and downhill mountain-biking.
• Experience: Intermediate to advanced or professional riders; important that any rider has a well-dialled position.
• When: Anytime, but ideal for the off-season and for pre-season preparation.
• Tunnel sessions can be booked for weekdays, evenings and weekends.
We recommend an annual session for positional exploration and optimisation, with periodic sessions throughout the year for follow-ups and trialling of different setups.
Trial advanced equipment and clothing: Access to a wide range such as bars, wheels, helmets, skinsuits and other accessories, upon request. Expert consultation and guidance for you and your event.
• Baseline (current position) analysis.
• Run-by-run guidance on positional changes.
• Within-run yaw sweep (cross-wind) and Reynolds sweep (different wind speed capabilities).
• Gain quantification and on-the-road performance predictions.
• Debrief (15minutes) and our recommendations.
• Website portal access for data, video and photography.
AERO PERFORMANCE SESSION
Starting from £900 per 2 hour – includes 15 minute debrief session.
We recommend a minimum of 2-hour bookings for new users. Should you need to request any time extensions to your session, please let me know and I will be happy to quote accordingly.
For more information on this service or to secure your session, please click the link below.
Get a windtunnel quotation
Need more information?
Please don’t hesitate to drop me an email firstname.lastname@example.org give us a call on 01273 569006. We love talking all things bike and are dedicated to helping you reach your potential.